When a patient needs the shape, size, strength, and appearance of a tooth restored or enhanced, Dr. Gregory J. Brandau may suggest a dental crown in Sarasota, Florida. A dental crown is a covering that is custom made to cover a tooth. This tooth-shaped cap will encase the entire visible portion of your tooth. Our dentist may place a dental crown to:
- Keep a weak tooth from breaking
- Hold the pieces of a cracked tooth together
- Restore a badly worn or broken tooth
- Cover a tooth with a large dental filling where there is not much tooth structure left
- Hold a dental bridge in place
- Cover a misshapen or discolored tooth
- Cover a dental implant
- Improve the appearance of a tooth
When placing a dental crown, our dentist will first remove a small amount of tooth enamel to make room for the dental crown in your mouth. Impressions are then made of the tooth and those around it so that your dental crown can be constructed. When the dental crown is complete, our dentist will place it in your mouth and examine the fit and color. Any necessary adjustments are made and then the dental crown is permanently cemented in place.
To learn more and to schedule a visit, contact Sterling Dental today.