Never stop caring for your teeth and gums. If your oral health care begins to wane, tooth decay and gum disease can set in. Over time cavities will form in your teeth if they are not cleaned daily. It’s never too late to consider cavity prevention treatments for your smile, including the following:
– To lower your chances for cavities, the ADA recommends that you brush your teeth at least twice daily and floss once daily.
– Eat enamel-healthy foods, and maintain a balanced diet that is high in minerals such as phosphorus and calcium, which can encourage healthy teeth and a strong enamel layer.
– Sticky and chewy snacks that linger in your mouth can greatly increase your risk for cavities, so choose wisely, or use a cleaning utensil after meals such as sugarless gum or mouthwash.
– Do your best to avoid hazardous ingredients that can cause cavities, such as sugar.
– Schedule bi-annual cleanings at your dentist and book oral health care appointments for checkups with your dentist as desired.
– Brush and floss with tools that are dentist recommended or those containing the ADA Seal of Acceptance.
No matter which option for your cavity prevention or treatment you choose, Dr. Borys Averbukh and our team at Sterling Dental will make sure that you receive the care and quality your smile requires. If you would like to come visit us at our dentist office in Sarasota, Florida, please schedule an appointment at 941-926-9888. We look forward to hearing from you!