Although the idea of a tooth extraction may seem daunting, in most cases they are necessary to keep the rest of your smile and protected. Fortunately, there are plenty of tooth replacements to take the role of the extracted tooth once it has fully healed.
This summer, improve the health of your smile with a tooth extraction. Listed below are some helpful tips to better prepare you for a tooth extraction recovery:
– Smoking increases recovery time from an extraction, so stop smoking, or give it up for at least 48 hours before and after surgery.
– It is important for your body to rest and relax after surgery, so try to avoid all varieties of exercise and fitness, to give your body time to repair.
– If you dentist has given you orders for recovery, follow them exactly as advised, and if any problems or concerns arise, be sure to let them know about it.
– Set forth a plan well in advance of your tooth extraction procedure to ensure you have the best chance of success before, during, and after the procedure.
– If excessive swelling occurs, use an ice pack or medications as instructed by your dentist.
– To avoid choking on food, do not eat until the general anesthetic fully wears off.
If you would like to schedule an extraction appointment with Sterling Dental, please call our dentist office in Sarasota, Florida at 941-926-9888. Dr. Borys Averbukh and the rest of our team look forward to improving your smile for many years to come!